Last updated: March 4, 2022
We ricilar.com including all affiliates and subsidiaries (hereinafter referred to as “ricilar.com”, “us” or “we”) are commited to protecting your privacy. Our goal is to provide you with a positive experience on our website www.ricilar.com (“Website”), while at the same time keeping your Personal Information secure.
At Ricilar, we take your privacy seriously. Please read the following to learn how we treat your Persona Data. By using or accessing the Services in any manner, you acknowledge that you accept the practices and policies outlined in share your information in the following ways.
Personal Information. This means any information that can be used to identify a specific natural person directly or indirectly, either in isolation or in combination with other information. Some examples of Personal Information include a name, address, email address, phone number, any ID number or location data.
Aggregated Information. Information may be aggregated and/or anonymized. When information is aggregated, it is combined with information about other customers and users. Aggregated information that includes Personal Information is considered Personal Information until it has been anonymized.
Anonymized Information. When information is anonymized, the information can no longer be attributed to a specific natural person without the use of additional information, for example, how many users viewed a particular website video or advertisement, such information cannot be used to identify you. In general, usage data collected when you visit the Website is both aggregated and anonymized so it does not identify you. In general, usage data collected when you visit the Website is both aggregated and anonymized so it does not identify you personally and therefore is not Personal Information.
Children’s Personal Information. The Website is not directed to, nor does ricilar.com knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 16 (Sixteen), or equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction. If we are informed that we have collected the Personal Information of a child under the age of 16, we will delete that Personal Information from our systems. If you believe we might have inadvertently collected Personal Information from or about a child under the age of 16, please contact us at email@example.com
What Information Do We Collect
Device and Technical Information. We automatically collect information when you vist the Website, including: technical information, the internet protocol (“IP”) address used to connect your computer or other device to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and language preference. This information is all normally provided by your web browser, and we do not specifically request it; information about your visit to the Website, including the full Uniform Resource Locations (“URL”) clickstream to, through and from the website (including date and time); Products you viewed or searched for; page response times; download errors; length of visits to certain pages; video watched; page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs); and methods used to browse away from the page;
Information we receive from other sources. We work closely with third parties who provide services to us (including, for example, business partners, subcontractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and we may receive information about you from them.
How We Use Information
We use the information we collect for a number of purposes. These purposes will be consistent with the reason you provided the information to us or for a directly related purpose. The uses we make of such information are to:
- set up an account for you on the Website;
- facilitate your purchase and/or download of our Products;
- authenticate use of your account or purchases and/or use of our Products;
- register your Product in our product database;
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- assist you with customer support;
- communicate about and administer participation in customer promotions and surveys;
- provide you with information about the Products you use, such as new features, bug fixes, service downtimes or upgrades;
- Provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. We (or selected third parties) will contact you by electronic means only if you have opted-in to receive marketing information. “Opt-in” means that you have taken an affirmative action to receive information, such as by checking a box or clicking a button; nofity you about changes to the Website and Products and changes to our terms, conditions and policies;
- administer the Website and Products for internal operational purposes, including troubleshooting, data and statistical analysis, testing, research and survey purposes;
- improve the Website and to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or device;
- ensure the security of the Website;
- monitor and regulate interactive features of the Website and our products that you choose to participate in, including online forums and chat rooms relating to our products;
- help you navigate the Website;
- provide you with information and recommendations about Internet and utility usage in your home;
- measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others who visit the Website and to deliver relevant personalized advertising to you and others; and determine which aspects of the Website and our products are most useful to you.
Why We Use Information
We also use your Personal Information to protect our business (for example, against fraud), or to comply with legal requirements to which we are subject (for example, tax or financial reporting requirements).
Under no circumstances do we rent or sell your Personal Information to third parties for marketing purposes. We only share your Personal Information with third parties for marketing purposes if you have granted us permission to do so, and in accordance with the Marketing section below. We share Personal Information in the following ways:
- within ricilar.com for purposes of data processing or storage;
- will business partners, service vendors, authorized third-party agents or contractors to provide a requested service or transaction, including processing orders, hosting websites, storing your information, providing email communications on our behalf and providing customer support. For example, when making purchases on the ricilar.com website stores, ricilar.com uses a payment processor to verify your payment card information. Your payment card information is passed through ricilar.com uses a payment processor and is not collected or stored by ricilar.com. The payment processor is authorized to use this information only to authenticate your purchase and for no other purpose. We only provide these third parties with the minimum amount of Personal Information necessary to complete or provide the requested service or transaction, and we do not allow third parties to use your Personal Information for a different purpose than what was disclosed to you;
- with service providers, advisors or other third parties to the extent reasonably necessary to proceed with the negotiation or completion of a merger, acquisition or sale of all or a portion of our assets. If ricilar.com merges with or acquires or is acquired by another entity, Personal Information would be transferred as a whole to the successor entity;
In addition, we share aggregated anonymized information, including usage data about our products, with third parties for a variety of purposes, including to analyze trends about home networking and utility use, to show third parties how their products could work with the Products and to generally improve home networking. We’ve taken steps to ensure that this information cannot be linked back to you and we require third parties to keep all shared information in its anonymized form.
Any third parties with whom we share your Personal Information are required to maintain the confidentiality of the information and are prohibited from using it for any other purpose. We will take all reasonable steps to make sure these third parties comply with the same privacy principles that govern our collection of your Personal Information.
We will ask for your consent, such as by email response, opt-in box or click through agreement acceptance, before we use or share your Personal Information for any other purpose.
You have the right to ask us not to process your Personal Information for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your Personal Information) if we intend to use your Personal Information for marketing purposes, or if we intend to disclose your Personal Information to any third party for marketing purposes.
If you do not wish to receive direct marketing material from us or a third party, in addition to following the “Unsubscribe” instructions in a marketing email, you can send us an email request at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where We Store Your Information
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, various locations globally, including the United States. It may also be processed by ricilar.com staff or contractors operating outside your country of residence who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfillment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. We also use cloud-based applications and services to store and process your Personal Information, which may result in your Personal Information being stored outside your country of residence.
We will take such steps as are reasonable to make sure we and our service providers do not breach the privacy principles that govern our collection of your Personal Information and that your Personal Information to us, you fully understand that ricilar.com will transfer, processing and storage of Personal Information outside of the country where you reside or are a citizen.
Retention of Personal Information
To determine the appropriate retention period for Personal Information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your Personal Information, the purposes for which we process your Personal Information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
We strive to maintain appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the information collected by the Website. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not 100% secure.
It is important to note that if you use a computer or device that can be accessed by others, other people may be able to access encrypted Personal Information. If you do not want your information to be available to others, exercise caution when using public computers or devices or when using any computer or device to which users unauthorized by you may have access.
We recommend that you take every precaution in protecting your Personal Information when you are on the Internet. For example, change your passwords often, use a combination of letters and numbers when creating passwords, and make sure you use a secure browser. You should also be aware that names that you give your Wi-Fi-enabled devices, home networks and services (also known as "friendly names") may be detectable by others outside your home, so you should not use Personal Information as part of your friendly names.
The Party and Social Media Linked Sites
How to Contact Us